HomeExperiencePricingcontact Information

“Jen is always available by email and phone, and knowledgeable on all my questions. She helped me understand my transition from full time to freelance, and keeps me on track for my taxes with reminders and updates. I recommend her to my friends and colleagues. She is quick, friendly, and I totally trust her.”

Aleen Kim
Visual Effects Producer
Client since 2004

Please include the following with your return:
Personal Data
Last year’s return (if you are a new client)
Social Security Numbers (including spouse and children)
Filing status (single, married filing jointly, married filing separately)
Address (include city, county, and school district)
Child care provider: Name, address and tax I.D. or Social Security Number
Alimony paid: Social Security Number
Employment & Income Data
W-2 forms for this year
Unemployment compensation: Forms 1099-G
Miscellaneous income including rent: Forms 1099-MISC
Partnership, S Corporation, & trust income: Schedules K-1
Pensions and annuities: Forms 1099-R
Social Security/RR1 benefits: Forms RRB-1099
Alimony received
Jury duty pay
Gambling and lottery winnings
Prizes and awards
Scholarships and fellowships
State and local income tax refunds: Form 1099-G
Homeowner/Renter Data
Residential address(es) for this year
Mortgage interest: Form 1098
Sale of your home or other real estate: Form 1099-S
Second mortgage interest paid
Real estate taxes paid
Moving expenses
Date(s) moved during the year
Financial Assets
Interest income statements: Form 1099-INT & 1099-OID
Dividend income statements: Form 1099-DIV
Proceeds from broker transactions: Form 1099-B
Retirement plan distribution: Form 1099-R
Financial Liabilities
Auto loans and leases (account numbers and car value) if vehicle used for business
Student loan interest paid
Early withdrawal penalties on CDs and other time deposits
Cash & non-cash gifts to charity (qualified written statement from charity for any single donations of $250 or more)
Unreimbursed expenses related to volunteer work
Unreimbursed expenses related to your job (travel expenses, uniforms, union dues, subscriptions)
Investment expenses
Job-related education expenses
Tuition & Full-time student expenses (list by amount & type)
Child care expenses
Adoption expenses
Alimony paid
Tax return preparation expenses and fees
Self-employment Data
Business income: Forms 1099-MISC and/or own records
Partnership SE income: Schedules K-1
Business-related expenses: Receipts, other documents & own records
Farm-related expenses: Receipts, other documents & own records
Employment taxes & other business taxes paid for current year: Payment records
Miscellaneous Tax Documents
Federal, state & local estimated income tax paid for current year: Estimated tax vouchers, cancelled checks & other payment records
IRA, Keogh and other retirement plan contributions: If self-employed, identify as for self or employees
Records to document medical expenses
Records to document casualty or theft losses
Records for any other expenditures that may be deductible
Records for any other revenue or sales of property that may be taxable or reportable